About This Course
Comprised of 3 advanced courses focused around criminology; this flexible distance learning course can provide you with the skills, the knowledge and the understanding to take your first steps towards a new career.
From police work to social work to researching… by enrolling onto this impressive bundle of Level 3 courses, you can delve into criminology, criminal psychology and psychological profiling, and achieve a better picture of what working in this field will entail.
From the comfort of your own home, you can discover the evolution of personality profiling, crime scene analysis and interviewing, as well as explore the psyche of rapists and school shooters. In turn, you’ll achieve a greater understanding of the role of police; criminal behaviour; the criminal justice system and personality typologies.
Everything you could wish to know about this fascinating field can be found within each of these insightful courses. More importantly, by bringing these 3 courses together within one compact bundle, you can take your career to new heights.
Comprised of 21 units, our course is completely flexible allowing you to study in your own time and at your own pace, whilst enabling you to apply your newly acquired theoretical knowledge within a practical setting.
Even with no prior experience within this field, the knowledge you’ll receive on this distance learning course can provide a foundation that you can use to build an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling career.
This course will:
- Outline how personality theories have evolved in relation to profiling
- Allow you to apply your theoretical knowledge to real life case studies
- Evaluate current causes and explanations for criminal behaviour
- Describe the different theories of rape; the risk factors associated with school shooters, and the psychological and social theories relevant to our understanding of criminality
Criminology Level 3
- Unit 1: Introduction to Criminology
- Unit 2: Victims, Classicism and Positivism
- Unit 3: Labelling Theories and Administration of Criminology
- Unit 4: Gender, Age, Ethnicity and Crime
- Unit 5: Types of Crime
- Unit 6: Mental Disorders and Young Offenders
- Unit 7: Probation, Incarceration and Punishment
Criminal Psychology Level 3
- Unit 1: Explaining Criminal Behaviour – Biological & Social
- Unit 2: Explaining Criminal Behaviour – Psychological & Substance abuse
- Unit 3: Interacting with Criminals – Interviewing, Deception and Offender Profiling
- Unit 4: Areas of Application
- Unit 5: Media Reporting and Impact on Crimes
Psychology of Criminal Profiling Level 3
- Unit 1: An Introduction to Profiling Criminals
- Unit 2: Cayetano Santos Godino & The Monster of Dusseldorf
- Unit 3: The Mad Bomber of New York & The Acid Bath Murderer
- Unit 4: Who was the Boston Strangler and The Yorkshire Ripper
- Unit 5: John Wayne Gacy &The Muswell Hill Murderer
- Unit 6: Doctor Death & The Dunblane Massacre
- Unit 7: Profiling Criminals Conclusion
The Advanced Criminalistics programme of learning is assessed through a series of written assignments, where you will submit your work to your personal tutor for marking and feedback to confirm that you have met the learning outcomes. There are no external examinations required.
No prior knowledge or experience is required to enrol onto this course, making this course a fantastic addition for anyone looking to begin a career in the police force or within social work, as it allows you to specialise in multiple fields.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
Studying around your work and family has never been easier thanks to the adaptability and flexibility of our course. Deliverable either by email or by post, you can choose how, when and where you study and can easily fit it around your lifestyle.
Simply enrol onto this distance learning course and you’ll receive everything you need to get started: a course manual, assignments, and a comprehensive study guide.
More importantly, you’ll receive the continuous support of a dedicated personal tutor and our student support team, who’ll be on hand to help throughout the duration of your studies. No matter the query or question, you’ll never have to feel alone with your worries.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.