What if, after all of the hours of studying, the pain of the exams, and the agonising wait for results,...
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Perfect for those with practical experience in education, this course gives you a sought-after Level 3 Qualification which is recognised nation-wide. It is vital to anyone pursuing any senior support or educational assistance roles. This course is divided into 11 detailed units, and is typically completed within one year.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Flexible study options
Choose a study format
Choose a way to pay
About This Course
If you’re currently working or volunteering in a support role in a school or college and interested in becoming a teaching assistant, the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning is a great option for you. Upon the completion of your course, you will be a qualified teaching assistant. This course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively assist students in primary, secondary, or SEN schools with their learning. In this course, you will gain knowledge on how to effectively ensure the safety and protection of children and young people in the learning environment. Additionally, you will learn how to monitor their development and create an environment that promotes their health and safety.
Buy this course as a bundle and save 30%
NCFE CACHE Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Total cost if courses bought separately: £765
or £47.70 per monthLearn More
- The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning is a great option for individuals who are new to the teaching assistant profession and are currently employed or volunteering in a support capacity at a school or college.
- Study a nationally recognised qualification from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace.
- When you enrol on your course, you will have the opportunity to access the NCFE CACHE Alumni membership for two years at no cost.
Qualification Number: 603/2498/3
Unit 1: Schools and Colleges as Organisations (T/616/5878, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 15 hours; Credits: 2)
- Learn the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised regarding roles and responsibilities
- Know the importance of teamwork in schools and colleges
- Understand the ethos, mission, aims and values of education
- Learn the importance of policies and procedures in education
Unit 2: Support Health and Safety in a Learning Environment (A/616/5879, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 20 Hours, Credits: 3)
- Understand how to provide environments that support children and young people’s health and safety
- Learn how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Know how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment
- Know the responsibilities of your own role is assisting the administration of medication
Unit 3: Understand how to Safeguard Children and Young People (M/616/5880, Unit Level: 3, GLH: 25 Hours; Credits: 4)
- Know the legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Learn the importance of ensuring the safety and protection of children and young people in the learning environment
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Learn how to support wellbeing when working with children and young people
Unit 4: Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People, and Adults (T/616/5881, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 15 Hours; Credits: 2)
- Understand the principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- Be able to develop professional relationships with children and young people
- Be able to communicate with children and young people
- Be able to develop professional relationships with adults
- Be able to support children and young people in developing relationships
- Be able to support inclusion and inclusive practices in work with children and young people
Unit 5: Understand how Children and Young People Develop (A/616/5882, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 25 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Understand the pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
Unit 6: Support Positive Behaviour in Children and Young People (F/616/5883, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 4)
- Learn the policies and procedures for promoting the positive behaviour of children and young people
- Know how to promote positive behaviour
- Be able to control and manage challenging behaviour in a learning environment
Unit 7: Support Children and Young People During Learning Activities (J/616/5884, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 4)
- Be able to participate in planning within a learning environment
- Know how to prepare for learning activities
- Understand how to support learning activities
- Be able to observe and feedback on participation and progress
- Know how to contribute to evaluating learning activities
Unit 8: Support English and Maths Skills (L/616/5885, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 30 Hours; Credits: 4)
- Understand the different learner needs for English and Maths support
- Know how to provide English support to provide access for teaching and learning
- Know how to provide Maths support to provide access for teaching and learning
Unit 9: Support the use of ICT in the Learning Environment (M/616/5958 Unit Level: 3; GLH: 20 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Know the policies and procedures for using ICT within teaching and learning
- Understand the preparation of ICT resources within teaching and learning
- Be able to support the use of ICT within teaching and learning
Unit 10: Support Assessment for Learning (J/616/5965, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 20 Hours; Credits: 3)
- Know the purpose and characteristics of assessment for learning
- Be able to use assessment strategies to promote learning
- Learn how to support learners in reviewing strategies and achievements in their learning
Unit 11: Engage in Personal and Professional Development (L/616/5966, Unit Level: 3; GLH: 20 hours; Credits: 3)
- Know what is required to effectively complete your own role
- Be able to reflect on praise within an organisation
- Learn how to evaluate your own performance
All units are evaluated internally. Assessment allows the learner’s workplace practice to serve as evidence for both individual units and the entire qualification. This course requires an evaluation of your practical skills in your workplace. It is critical that you find a placement with a suitably qualified teacher and workplace assessor who can observe you, comment on your skills, and produce a report to fulfil the assessment criteria. This observation will be used to support your qualification. Assessment methods might include:
- Direct practice observation
- Witness testimony
- Professional discussion
- Self-reflection on actual work scenarios
- Assignments in writing
The only requirements for this course are that you are over 16 years old, and are currently working or volunteering in a school or college from key stage one, as this course requires a work placement and provided evidence and observations as part of your assessment.
Upon successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a certification in Supporting Teaching and Learning at NCFE CACHE Level 3. You will be awarded a certificate as a recognition of your achievement. NCFE is a renowned organisation that offers vocational and technical courses. Additionally, it operates as an educational charity. They have been providing quality education for over 170 years, working closely with industry experts to develop innovative solutions to meet the most critical learning needs. In 2015, CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health, and Education) became a part of NCFE.
Once you have enrolled in the NCFE CACHE course, you will be granted a two-year access to the NCFE CACHE Alumni membership. NCFE CACHE Alumni is a network of professionals in the care, health and education industries. It provides useful resources and guidance to individuals who are pursuing or have obtained an NCFE CACHE qualification.
We take pride in assisting our students at all stages of development, so while this course is designed for home study, you can enrol with confidence knowing that you will be fully supported. You will receive 12 months of personal tutor support for this course, and they will always be available to offer you advice, guidance, and instruction. On top of this, they will lend their expertise to your written assignments, providing you with valuable feedback and tips.
Our student support team is similarly only a click away, so you’ll never be alone in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
You have 12 months to complete your course, however you can complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a government-regulated qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual-regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Rated #1 on Trustpilot
Why learn with us?
Trusted and regulated
Study A Levels, GCSEs, Qualifications, and Endorsed Courses
14-day money-back guarantee (terms apply)
Flexible, simple learning
Study at your own pace in your own space, without pressure
Personal expert support
Full 1-2-1 tutor support on all courses every step of the way
We guarantee to match prices (plus 5% extra off on top)
We are open 9am–10pm, 7 days a week, to help our learners
Our courses are accredited by independent awarding bodies
Get 0% finance on many of our courses
Free business course
Free business start-up short course with every purchase
You may also like
over 10 months and £49.50 deposit
over 10 months and £56.00 deposit
over 10 months and £45.00 deposit
over 10 months and £41.50 deposit