About This Course
Looking to expand your existing skills portfolio or give your beauty salon a competitive edge? Our Beauty Therapy and Aromatherapy Level 3 course bundle can offer you the perfect combination of skills in aromatherapy and beauty treatments that will ensure that your CV stands out from the crowd.
The reality is, more and more beauty salons are including aromatherapy treatments within their services menu. As a result, if you are keen to break into this niche; establish a career/start a new business, or help your salon to stay on top; then having this combination of skills is essential.
Luckily, this homebased course can help you to achieve these credentials without you having to sacrifice work or attend any classes.
Instead with just 160 hours (approximately) of study, you can fit this course bundle around your current work commitments, and study at a pace that is right from you.
Day, night, fast or slow… you can control your rate of learning and can benefit from the added perk of being able to achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home!
And this is fantastic news if work, family or social obligations are preventing you from getting the skills/qualifications you want, as our highly adaptable course can easily be moulded to work around you, and not the other way around.
Please Note: These courses can be enrolled onto separately; however, by enrolling onto this joint course you will receive a considerable discount.
Finding the time to learn new skills or launch a new business can be difficult; however thanks to the design of our courses, you can explore the world of beauty therapy and aromatherapy with ease.
All of our courses are designed for home study, making it is possible for you to broaden your skillset; expand your existing knowledge, and achieve a level of comprehension and competency that is easily transferable into your work.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Boost your career opportunities, broaden your portfolio of skills (when seeking employment) and give your business a competitive edge (especially important if you’re a new business just starting out)
- Keep up with client demands/needs
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a stress free, convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines and no classrooms. We will send all of your course materials straight to your door
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge
- Access instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team – help is only one click away
Beauty Therapy Level 3:
Unit 1: Body, Face and Scalp Massage and Body Electrical Treatments
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
- The history, philosophy and role of aromatherapy
- Introduction to aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- The physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- The benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Understanding how essential oils are absorbed by the body
- Recognising contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Understanding cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- The importance of working safely with aromatherapy oils
- Understanding chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
- Consultation techniques
- Conducting professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- The characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- The importance and role of maintaining treatment records
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
Unit 2: Advanced Skin Analysis and Facial Electrical Treatments
Unit 3: Anatomy, Physiology and the Effects of Salon Treatments
Unit 4: Wet and Dry Heat Treatments
Unit 5: Salon Management
Unit 6: Salon Operations and Organisation
Aromatherapy Level 3:
Unit 1: Introduction to Aromatherapy
Unit 2: Anatomy
Unit 3: Safety
Unit 4: Blending
Unit 5: The Treatment
Unit 6: Aftercare and Reflection
This course is assessed using a series of written assignment that are designed to test your knowledge of the materials taught on the course syllabus. These assignments will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with helpful tips and advice on how to improve your work.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course. However, you may benefit from completing our Level 2 Beauty Therapy course first, as the materials covered in this course are expanded at Level 3.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We may specialise in the provision of homebased courses; however from day one you can trust that our team will readily be available to lend their support whenever you need it.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to our dedicated personal tutors; at a click of a button, you can contact us and get the answers you need, when YOU need them.
In fact, you can benefit from being able to harness years of industry knowledge and experience as all of our personal tutors are experts in their field. This means that no matter whether you need advice on your assignments, or are struggling to decipher our course materials; you can confidently reach out to our team and trust them to guide, inform and expand your knowledge.
Our Student Support Team are similarly always on hand should you need assistance, making it possible for you to learn about the topics you love without ever feeling isolated or alone in your studies
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.