About This Course
Do you dream of working on film sets or of helping brides to prepare for their big day? Or do you simply love everything that there is to know about beauty and make-up? Our exclusive Beauty Therapy and Make-Up Artist Level 3 course bundle can help to develop your knowledge of this niche, so you can take these newly acquired skills and use them to make your dreams of working in make-up a reality.
For many make-up artists, they first learn their skills in beauty therapy before going on to specialise in make-up for stage, TV and films. With this knowledge, we have created this homebased course so you can get the jumpstart you need to step forth into this career field and get the jobs you want.
And the best news of all is – you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home! No classrooms, no strict deadlines, no need to attend a college. All of our courses are designed for home study, making it possible for you to achieve the skills you want without ever having to sacrifice on your home or work life.
Instead, you can easily mould this two year course to work around you – not the other way around – and experience the freedom of being able to learn on your own terms, in your own time, and at a pace of your choosing.
Fast, slow, day or night… no matter your study preferences; you can easily spread out the 160 hours (approx.) of study required for this course, and achieve a work-study balance that is healthy, adaptable and will always work for you.
So if you are interested in working in a salon, spa or for yourself, and want to learn more about eyelashes, manicures, pedicures and waxing; then why not enrol onto this course? In just two short years, you’ll know how to effectively apply make-up for various special occasions, as well as be able to create prosthetic effects for TV.
Broadening your skillset has never been easier thanks to this compact course. In one neat and enticing package, you can acquire all the skills, knowledge and resources you need to delve into the world of beauty therapy, as well as be able to offer a range of services that are certain to improve your job possibilities.
From learning different techniques for applying make-up, to recognising which tools are right for the job; in just 160 hours of study, you will be able to safely and efficiently work within a range of different beauty and make-up environments, and achieve the career you want.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Boost your career opportunities, broaden your skills portfolio and give your business a competitive edge (especially important if you’re a new business just starting out)
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a stress free, convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines and no classrooms. We will send all of your course materials straight to your door
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge of beauty therapy and make-up
- Access instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team – help is only one click away
Beauty Therapy Level 3:
- Unit 1: Health and Safety
- Unit 2: Consultation and Reception Duties
- Unit 3: Facial and Skin Care Treatments
- Unit 4: Eyelash and Eyebrow Treatments
- Unit 5: Manicure and Pedicure Treatments
- Unit 6: Waxing Method and Hair Removal
- Unit 7: Make-up Services
Make-up Artist Level 3
- Unit 1: Being Professional, Hygiene, Skin Conditions & Make-up Essentials
- Unit 2: Introduction to Skin Prepping
- Unit 3: Application Procedures – The Face
- Unit 4: The Eyes Lips – Eyelash, Eyebrow & Lip Procedures
- Unit 5: Special Occasions
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with valuable tips on how to improve your work.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience in beauty therapy or make-up is needed in order to enrol onto this course; making it ideal for those just starting out in the industry or for those wishing to expand their skillset.
Upon successful completion of this home based course, learners will receive both Beauty Therapy Level 3 and Make-Up Artist Level 3 Certificates of Achievement, from National Institution of Qualifications (NIOQ).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by National Institution of Qualifications, meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
National Institution of Qualifications are a national certificating organisation. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
Although all of our courses may be designed for online or homebased study; at no point in your learning journey do you ever have to feel alone or isolated in your studies. Instead, you can benefit from the knowledge of knowing that from day one you will be surrounded by countless avenues of support.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to our dedicated personal tutors; at a click of a button, you can access our extensive support network and get the answers you need, when YOU need them.
In fact, you will be able to harness years of industry knowledge and experience as all of our personal tutors are specialists in their field. This means that no matter the question, you can confidently reach out to our team and trust that they will be able to advise, guide and inform your learning experience.
Our Student Support Team are similarly always on hand to lend you their support should you ever need assistance with deciphering your course materials or completing your assignments. With just one simple click, you can trust that our team will always be there to help you achieve your true potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.
Unlike other providers, Association of Learning use a fast-track system to get your certificate to you within six weeks (our average is two weeks).