About This Course
Working with children can be an exceptionally rewarding and fulfilling career. You can help to shape and mould the minds of the children you care for, and experience the highs of watching them flourish.
Our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Homebased Childcare is the perfect tool for establishing a foundation of knowledge which can help you to build a career working as a babysitter or nanny.
From gaining an understanding on how to lead and manage a home based child care setting, to developing your knowledge of legislation and regulations; you can harness this fountain of information and use it to become your own boss.
More importantly, you can acquire all of these skills from the comfort of your own home.
Simply complete these 2 units and 50 hours of study within a year of your registration, and you can experience the freedom of being to study when, where and how you want, and at a pace of your choosing.
With this unique NCFE CACHE course you will not have to contend with deadlines or exam pressure. Instead, you can mould this course to suit your existing work commitments and can walk away with a qualification that can kick start your career.
Created by NCFE CACHE qualifications, they specialise in the provision of courses dedicated to the care and education sectors. Every one of their courses has been carefully developed by industry specialists and experts to ensure that you receive everything employers will expect of you in the future.
At the same time, this unique distance learning course will equip you with the tools, the competency and the insights to make a credible go of working with children. Both of its units are designed to broaden your understanding, as well as enrich your perspective on childcare; so you can confidently step into a child minder role and witness success.
This course will:
- Provide an excellent knowledge base in home based childcare
- Earn you a nationally recognised qualification
- Help you to go on into vocational training and placement opportunities
- Enable you to set up your own business as a babysitter, child minder or nanny
Unit 1: Preparing to Work as a Home Based Child Carer
- Legislation and regulation in relation to home based childcare
- Establishing a safe and healthy home based childcare environment for children
- Supporting the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children; promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- How day-to-day care routine promote children’s well-being
- Working in partnership to support children’s outcomes
- Children’s learning and behaviour in relation to sequence, rate and stage development
- Value of play in a child’s learning and development, and role of observation in a child’s learning and development
Unit 2: Preparing to Set Up a Home Based Childcare Business
- leading and managing a home based childcare setting
- Financial and taxation requirements
- Planning and creating a business plan, and registering with the appropriate regulatory body
This course is assessed using a series of assignments that you’ll submit to your tutor for marking. No external examinations are required, meaning you can earn this impressive qualification on your own terms, at your own pace and without any tight deadlines.
No formal qualifications or experience is required to enrol onto this course; however you must be at least 16 years old. Similarly, you don’t need to be working or working within a childcare environment to register your interest.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Homebased Childcare has been developed in collaboration with the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY). Alongside helping learners to prepare for setting up a home based childcare setting as a registered childminder; it can also be used by learners who wish to work in as childminding assistants or as nannies and au pairs.
NCFE CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children and adult care sectors. They offer the most up-to-date and relevant qualifications for the new RQF, and work with Sector Skills Councils to ensure high quality and cutting edge service is supplied to their customers, learners and the sector itself.
With a full 12 months to complete this course, from the moment you register you will receive the support, guidance and instruction of your very own personal tutor, who will be dedicated to the nurturing of your studies. At a click of a button you can get your questions answered, as well as receive valuable feedback as they mark your assignments and track your progression.
Our student support team are also only a click away, meaning you never have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies. From day one you will be fully supported.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed by external awarding organisations
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 10 month period.
If you choose to pay using a payment plan, to apply you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment doesn’t pass first time, you can retry as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.