About This Course
What if you could progress your school support career, develop your skills AND improve your earning potential – would you do it?
Our online Level 4 Higher-Level Teaching Assistant qualification course has been designed for those who have a passion for working with children and wish to progress to the next level, and enable you to move beyond your current Teaching Assistant role.
And the good news is – you can complete this at your own pace, in your own time and from the comfort of your own home!
Our course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, the skills and the training to address challenges within the workplace and enhance your understanding of how to effectively support your students.
From one-to-ones, to small groups to supporting students with a variety of additional needs; by the end of this course you will feel confident in your ability to support, guide and influence the minds of those you teach, so you can take greater responsibility in the classroom.
Comprised of 5 in-depth units, our course covers everything you need to achieve success within a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant Role. From child development and welfare to promoting positive behaviour in the classroom; this course is a fantastic asset to your CV and the working relationships you establish with teachers.
This course is also designed to complement your existing practical work, by supplying you with the theoretical knowledge to expand on your current skills and take on greater responsibilities in your role. It will also give you the opportunity to explore elements of your job that you’ve previously not been involved in.
This course will:
- Enable you to combat workplace challenges by developing your knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Broaden your knowledge on how to support individuals, small groups and those with additional needs.
- Increase your responsibility levels within the classroom by enabling you to assist the teacher with lesson planning, creating support materials and managing other support staff.
- Enable you to work with teachers to raise teaching standards within the school as well as ensure students are able to reach their true potential.
- Boost your earning potential and salary grade.
More importantly, you can experience the joys of working within a wholly satisfying and rewarding career.
Unit 1: Communication and Positive Relationships
- Communicating Effectively and Sensitively with Children, Young People, Colleagues, Parents and Carers
- Encouraging Children’s Positive Behaviour to Maintain Positive Relationships
- The Importance of Communication and Being Professional in Your Approach to Working Relationships
Unit 2: Curriculum, Planning and Assessment of Students
- The National Curriculum
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Legislation and Codes of Practice
- ICT Curriculum
- Curriculum Planning
- Delivery of Learning Activities
- What Type of Support is Required
- Risks and Hazards
- Health and Safety
- Safety Equipment
Unit 3: Child Development Stages
- Basic Principles & Stages of Children’s and Young People’s Development
- What is a ‘Safe and Healthy’ Environment
- Stages of Development
- Physical Development and Skills
- Communication and Intellectual Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Supporting Children and Young People through Transitions in their Lives
- The importance of parents and carers in the development and well-being of children and young people
Unit 4: Personal Professional Development
- Accessing and Evaluating Emerging Theory and Practice to Develop Professionally and Update Your Knowledge and Practice
- Knowing How to Use ICT to Support Professional Activities
- Evidencing the Required Qualifications
Unit 5: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- What is equality & diversity?
- Multi-Agency Teams
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Models of disability
- How do we communicate effectively and develop working relationships with other practitioners and professionals?
- Removing Barriers to Learning for Pupils with Communication and Interaction Difficulties
Our course takes on average 180 hours to finish and is assessed based on a series of written assignments and questions (requiring descriptive answers) that will test your course knowledge on a unit by unit basis. Within these assignments, you will need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge to your personal tutor, as well as be able to reflect on your practice when applied within the workplace.
The good news is – you can start our online course at any time – making it ideal for those wishing to combine their studies with their existing job commitments. All we ask is that you complete these units within a year of your registration.
There are no requirements to have completed any courses to be able to enrol on this course – you do not have to be employed as a Teaching Assistant either.
By the end of this course you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK). They are a fully approved awarding organisation that are regulated by Ofqual and award certification across a number of sectors. They also accredit courses developed by industry experts which are designed to work hand in hand with your existing job, much like this one.
You will receive the Higher Level Teaching Assistant course manual, assignments and a comprehensive study guide, alongside your very own personal tutor who can provide you with endless support via mail and email.
Our student support team can also handle any other queries you may have whilst completing your course, meaning you never have to struggle or feel isolated in your studies. Instead, our team will always be on hand to help throughout the full 12-month duration of your course (should you choose to study for that long).
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.