Covid has affected us in a number of ways from schools, colleges and universities closing/being forced to teach online, to businesses not being allowed to open, to thousands of people being furloughed… we have each been impacted by Corona in some shape or form.
Yet, out of all this doubt and loss, this situation has created some promising opportunities – namely, the chance to improve your qualifications.
You see, not all courses are taught in the classroom. Take a look around, and you’ll soon discover thousands of online courses that can be completed from the comfort of your own home. This means, that while you can’t attend college or do any work for your job, you CAN still improve your circumstances.
The advantages of learning during lockdown:
- It won’t interfere with your other commitments – for instance, instead of trying to juggle a course with your job, you can 100% focus on the online course while you’re waiting to return to work.
- Help you overcome boredom – it makes sense that while you are trapped at home and are unable to see friends and family that you use this time to do something you normally don’t have time for. In fact, you can use this learning opportunity to take the boredom from out of your days, and give you something positive to focus on.
- You can learn at your own pace – if you’re normally a slow learner, you don’t have to worry about returns to work affecting your ability to study. Online courses are specifically designed to enable you to learn at your own time and pace, so you don’t have to feel pressured to complete it fast.
- Courses can be paid in instalments – the great thing about online courses is that you can pay for it in instalments. This is great news if your hours have been cut or you’re only receiving 80% pay on furlough, as you don’t have to make yourself poor in order to do the course. Instead, you can pay in instalments, get the qualifications you want, and not have to worry about breaking the bank.
- Give you something to focus on – we touched on this point earlier; however, it is true that online courses can give you something to look forward to and focus on. At the same time, this is the perfect time to start as you’ll have less distractions weighing you down.
See what we mean? Out of this stressful situation, as well as the annoyance of yet another lockdown there are things you can do to change your life for the better. So if you fancy improving your CV and creating something good out of a bad situation, then why not enrol onto an online course today?
With thousands of courses to choose from, from a diversity of different fields and industries you’ll be spoilt for choice.
For more information, visit our website.