The IQA assessor will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the quality of assessment processes and practice to ensure awarding body standards are maintained within Association of Learning. The IQA will review quality of assessor performance, identify development needs and facilitate assessor development to maintain and improve the quality of assessment.
- Determine whether assessment processes and systems meet and operate according to quality requirements
- Analyse assessor capabilities and potential in the context of their objectives and other requirements
- Agree and prioritise assessor learning needs and produce individual development plans with assessors to reflect these
- Provide assessors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice
- Track Learner progress and check that assessments are planned, prepared for and carried out according to agreed procedures
- Check that assessment decisions are made using specified criteria
- Work with assessors, trainers, employers, and Learners to ensure the standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post
- Current and continuing involvement within the business sector
- Significant experience in assessment and verification of meeting operational targets set for timely success.
- Marking, assessment conventions and tracking systems.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written, telephone)
- Good organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Ability to manage own workload and to work unsupervised
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
Essential experience & qualifications
- A relevant assessing qualification (e.g. CAVA or Assessors Award)
- Qualification in Internal Quality Assurance
- Relevant workplace experience
- A strong commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and have evidence of own on-going CPD
- Experience in delivering distance learning
- Teaching qualification such as PGCE or Education Training Award