It is not unusual when planning for the future to get stuck on the same jobs. For instance, we all tend to list teaching, nursing, being a doctor or working as a lawyer first before we stop to consider anything else. Yet this is a mistake, as there is much more to the job market than these common jobs.
In truth, there are a variety of niches you can explore which are unique, unusual AND exciting.
Take the following top 10 jobs. All of them are fun and destined to keep you on your toes:
- Videographer – with salaries averaging at £24,000 a year, as a videographer you’d have chance to shoot raw footage, provide creative direction and edit videos both for TV and for movies.
- Travel agent – in this role you can help customers to explore the world by securing them safe transport, lodging and entertainment while on their travels. NOTE: salaries average at £17,300 a year.
- Interior Designer – perfect for creative minds, as an interior designer your job would be to design practical, safe and beautiful spaces for homeowners and businesses alike. Salaries average at £30,000 a year.
- Pastry Chef – with an average salary of £25,500 a year, the goal of a pastry chef is to bake breads, pastries and other baked goods on behalf of bakeries, cafes and restaurants.
- Software Engineer – as a software engineer you will help to create applications and systems that will improve the functionality of computers and mobile devices. Salaries average at £40,000 a year.
- Marketing Specialist – from creating social media posts, advertisements, copy and eBooks to formulating different marketing strategies, your goal will be to entice users into buying a particular product/service or attending a certain event. Salaries average at £33,900 a year.
- Graphic Designer – with salaries averaging at £25,000 a year, graphic designers are responsible for creating visuals and graphics using computer software that can easily convey information and ideas.
- Event Planner – if you’re highly organised then this may be the career for you. Not only do salaries average at £28,800 a year as an event planner, but you’ll be given the opportunity to plan professional meetings, conferences, weddings and parties, including deciding themes and checking out sites.
- Flight Attendant – a fun way to see and travel the world, flight attendants are responsible for caring for airline passengers as well as responding to on-board emergencies. Salaries average at £16,600 a year.
- Freelance Writer – ideal for those with a knack for writing, freelance writers can assist clients in a number of ways. For instance, they can support businesses by writing their online copy, blogs, landing pages and press releases as well as producing product descriptions and brochures. Salaries average at £16 per hour depending on experience and the strength of your portfolio.
As you can see, there is more to life than traditional jobs. Look a little deeper and you can discover a whole host of fun, unusual and unique jobs. So if you’re looking to do something a little different, then why not take a look at the jobs above and discover how our online courses can get you started?
For more information visit our website.