About This Course
Imagine if you could manage your own bookkeeping and payroll without having to invest in an external accountancy firm. Would you do it? With the support of our exclusive ICB Bookkeeping and Payroll Management course package, you can achieve all of this and so much more.
This impressive home study course comes with all the trimmings: all 3 ICB Bookkeeping levels (2, 3 and 4) AND an ICB Diploma in Payroll Management Level 3. And the best news of all is – you can complete this course package from the comfort of your own home.
No classes. No strict deadlines. No pressure. You can register at any time and take a full 18 months to work your way through the courses. In turn, our ICB Diploma in Payroll Management Level 3 course takes just 90 hours to complete, yet you will receive an entire year to do it.
With this course bundle, it is possible to answer your thirst for knowledge, whilst still maintaining a healthy work-study balance.
From advancing your knowledge of bookkeeping processes and practices, to learning how to perform single entry manual bookkeeping and deal with fully computerised accounts; at every opportunity, this course will seek to expand your understanding and equip you with real and transferable skills.
Please Note: this course bundle comes with a FREE ICB 1 year annual subscription and registration fee (worth (£78) and FREE access to Sage 50 Accounts Software.
Whilst studying this course you will be asked to install the free Sage software mentioned above (your course materials will inform you of the right time to install it). Once installed you will have 6 months to complete the computerised section of the course
Our course can offer you a comprehensive introduction into bookkeeping and payroll management, ensuring that you have got a complete and thorough understanding of the requirements involved.
From ledger accounts to trial balances to completing manual payroll; you will receive real and transferable skills that can help fast track your career and move you up the career ladder.
This course will:
- Help you to gain recognised qualifications that will enable you to work for all types of organisations.
- Broaden your career opportunities, including branching out and working as a freelance bookkeeper.
- Test your knowledge, comprehension and competency when dealing with accounts, VAT and Payroll issues.
- Enable you to study on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
Successfully passing this qualification will earn you full ICB member status and the designated letters MICB after your name.
Please Note: The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run on Windows 7 or higher. It will not run on Windows XP or on any Apple Macintosh computers.
The Sage 50 Payroll software will work with all 32 or 64-bit variants of Microsoft Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Window Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Small Business Server 2011. With this course you will also receive:
- ICB 1-year Annual Subscription and Registration fee worth £78.00
- FREE Sage 50 Accounts Software
- FREE Sage 50 Payroll Software
RQF Number: 601/9061/9
ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Unit 1: Underpinning Knowledge
- Unit 2: Business Documents
- Unit 3: Ledger accounts and the division of the ledger
- Unit 4: Books of prime entry
- Unit 5: Accounting for VAT
- Unit 6: Making and receiving payments
- Unit 7: Trial Balance
- Unit 8: Use a computerised accounts package
ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Unit 1: Underpinning knowledge
- Unit 2: Reconciliation of accounts and correction of errors
- Unit 3: VAT Returns
- Unit 4: Calculate and post adjustments to the ledgers
- Unit 5: Final accounts of non-incorporated businesses
ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Unit 1: Limited Company Accounts
- Unit 2: Limited Liability Partnerships
- Unit 3: Incomplete Records
- Unit 4: Advanced Partnership Accounts
- Unit 5: Interpretation of financial statements
ICB Diploma in Payroll Management Level 3
- Unit 1: Manual Payroll
- Unit 2: Computerised Payroll
For all three ICB Bookkeeping certificates you will need to complete a series of assessments. They are as follows: For ICB Bookkeeping Level’s 2, 3 and 4 Certificates:
- Level 2 Certificate: Three online tests
- Level 3 Certificate: Three online tests and a centre-based examination
- Level 4 Certificate – Online test and a centre-based examination
Each of the online tests can be done at home, at work or wherever you have access to a secure Internet connection. They are designed to be quick, simple and to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. With the centre-based tests, you will need to attend an approved ICB examination centre in your area, where you will be expected to pay an additional fee to ICB and the test centre. For a list of approved centres, please speak to our student support team.
To achieve your ICB Diploma in Payroll Management Level 3, you will need to complete a series of tutor-marked assignments that will enable your personal tutor to monitor your progress and supply you with valuable advice and tips.
To gain the formal ICB qualification, you will need to sit an exam from home; however, you can do this examination when you are ready – no earlier.
No prior knowledge or experience in bookkeeping is needed to enrol onto this course; however, a basic knowledge of numerical skills is recommended. You will also need to have access to a computer with a CD-ROM drive so you can download and use our free Sage Payroll software.
With the bookkeeping Level’s 2, 3 and 4 courses you will have two options:
- The course can be studied for personal interest and can be completed without doing an assessment. Here, you will be provided with a completion certificate.
- You can opt to take the exams online from home. Upon successful completion of these assessments, you will earn three bookkeeping Certificates: the ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, the ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, and the ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts.
By passing all three, you will also gain Full membership status with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers and will be able to use the letters MICB after your name, thus highlighting your skills to future and prospective employers/ clients.
Similar to our 3 bookkeeping courses above, with the ICB Diploma in Payroll Management you will have two options:
- You can study this course for personal interest and can complete it without doing an assessment. You will be provided with a completion certificate.
- You can opt to take the ICB examination in Payroll Management, where upon successful completion you will receive an official ICB level 3 certificate in Payroll Management and an OSCA (Open Study College Award).
This course bundle may be designed for home study; however, at no point on your learning journey should you ever feel alone. From the moment you enrol, not only will you receive your course materials and comprehensive study guides straight to your home (by mail or by email); you will also benefit from the continuous support of our personal tutors and student support team.
Available by email or by phone (4 days a week), you can easily contact our personal tutors and harness their years of knowledge and expertise in the field. At the same time, they can supply you with valuable feedback, tips and advice as they mark your tutor assignments.
Our student support team can similarly answer your queries and provide you with in-depth instruction and advice as you complete your studies. Help is only one click away.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.