About This Course
Interested in exploring a career working in bookkeeping and accountancy? Our IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting can help you to create a strong foundation of knowledge that is easily transferrable into the real world.
Simply register your interest and within just 80 hours of study time, you can be one step closer to your dream. This fantastic course has been uniquely designed for home study, so not only can you complete this course at a pace of your choosing; you can earn a nationally recognised qualification.
Add into the equation the fact that you have got a full year to finish this course, and boosting your qualifications has never been easier.
From the comfort of your own home, you can explore this fascinating subject and achieve a deeper understanding of how to prepare a trial balance; use a suspense account and correct bookkeeping errors. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to learn how to carry out routine period end procedures (valuing stock and recording stock valuation); prepare financial statements (for sole traders), and do so whilst maintaining a healthy work-study balance.
With the option to study when, where and how you like, the flexibility this course can afford you is tremendous. Each of its 4 units are designed with the intention of broadening your knowledge, understanding and comprehension of bookkeeping, so you can take these transferrable skills and apply them within a work setting.
At the same time, its use of assessments can help you to test your skills and become more competent in dealing with stock valuations, fixed assets, trial balances and financial statements.
This course will:
- Equip you with the skills to build a reputable career within bookkeeping and accounting
- Allow you to study on your own terms – no stress, no tight deadlines, no classrooms..
- Test your preconceptions of accounting and your ability to apply your newly acquired skills within a practical setting.
- Earn you an internationally recognised qualification.
RQF Number: 601/9061/9
Unit 1: Principles of Accounting
(R/508/5865, Unit Level: 3, GLH: 10)
- Purpose of accounting concepts and standards
- The qualitative characteristics of financial information
- Accounting for a stock valuation
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Accounting for bad and doubtful debts
- The purpose of a trial balance and a suspense account
- The purpose of financial statements
- The purpose of the extended trial balance
- The principles of accounting for partnerships
- The process of accounting from incomplete records
- The principles of accounting for not for profit organisations
Unit 2: Make accounting adjustments
(Y/508/5866, Unit Level: 3, GLH: 25)
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed assets
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and doubtful debts
Unit 3: Prepare financial statements from double entry records for sole traders and partnerships
(D/508/5867, Unit Level: 3, GLH: 25)
- Prepare a trial balance and correct errors
- Prepare financial statements for a sole trader
- Prepare an extended trial balance
- Prepare financial statements for a partnership
Unit 4: Prepare financial statements from incomplete records for sole traders and not for profit organisations
(H/508/5868, Unit Level: 3, GLH: 20)
- Calculate capital or accumulated funds from incomplete data
- Construct accounts and a trial balance from incomplete records
- Prepare financial statements from incomplete records
To achieve this qualification you will need to complete a knowledge test, two assignments and an examination that will test your knowledge of the syllabus. The assessments can be completed using the IABOnline testing platform and are subject to time constraints.
In regards, to the IAB examinations, you will need to complete this under controlled conditions.
Please Note: you will need to pay additional fees to become registered with IAB on your chosen course and to become a student member. It is your responsibility to pay for these exams and organise your test date.
To enrol onto this course, it is advised that you have a sound knowledge of bookkeeping up to and including the trial balance stage. Similarly, suitable work experience in this field can help you to qualify and start your studies at this Level.
Alternatively, earning the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualification (or a similar qualification issued by another awarding body) can help to maximise your learning experience.
Upon successful completion of all the assessments contained within this course, you will receive a Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting that is accredited by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers). This is a nationally recognised qualification that has been approved by the regulatory authorities in England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
IAB (the International Association of Bookkeepers) are an awarding body of qualifications, as well as a professional association for qualified bookkeepers. All of their qualifications are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers and other relevant organisations with the purpose of ensuring that their courses meet the highest industry-approved standards.
Should you not achieve the full qualification, you can request a Unit Certificate of Completion (RQF) for any of the individual units you have completed. This certificate will refer only to the titles of the units completed. Prior to the issuing of the Unit Certificate of Completion (RQF) a fee per unit must be paid to the IAB.
From day one of registering onto this course, you will receive access to the finest support systems. From our in-depth course materials and comprehensive study guides (that are sent straight to your home by post or by email) to the guidance and expertise of our personal tutors who can advise you on your studies; every step of the way you will receive valuable advice, instruction and support.
Our student support team are similarly equipped to handle all of your queries or concerns. Just one click away, you can easily reach out to them, ask them your questions and gain access to years of industry insights and tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.