About This Course
Accredited by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers), this impressive home study course can not only enable you to pursue your interest in bookkeeping from the comfort of your own home; it can also provide you with an excellent knowledge base.
Simply register your interest in our IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping course, and within just 60 hours of study, you can strengthen your skills, knowledge and comprehension of bookkeeping, and take a credible step towards working in this field.
This unique course has been exclusively designed for home study, so alongside giving you a whole year to complete its syllabus, you can also benefit from the freedom of being able to pick when, where and how you study.
In other words, you can study at a pace of your choosing and tailor your study habits to fit around your current work commitments. And this is great news if you’re just taking your first steps back into education or want to boost your CV credentials, as you can confidently complete this course from the comfort of your own home, all whilst earning a nationally recognised qualification.
From developing your understanding of the types of business entity which operate in the private sector of the UK economy, to being able to explore the services offered by banks and business societies to businesses; in just 60 short hours, you will know how to use sub-divided bookkeeping systems and much, much more.
Split into 5 detailed units, each segment of this course strives to equip you with the understanding, the knowledge and the comprehension to work within a bookkeeping environment.
With every assessment and assignment you complete, you will build a strong knowledge base on bookkeeping and its principles, as well as acquire transferable skills that can make a massive difference to your career.
This course will:
- Enable you to study at your own pace – no deadlines, no classrooms, no stress…
- Supply you with a nationally recognised qualification that can be used to further your studies in this field.
- Broaden your competency in this subject matter, whilst equipping you with valuable skillsets and knowledge.
- Allow you to study from home – we will send all of your course materials straight to your door.
RQF Number: 601/9061/9
Unit 1: Principles of bookkeeping and VAT
(T/508/5860, Unit Level: 2, GLH: 8)
- Basics of bookkeeping and bookkeeping systems
- Terms used by bookkeepers
- Source documents and their purpose
- Sub-divided bookkeeping system
- Basics of the VAT system
- HMRC VAT rules
- VAT control account and VAT return
Unit 2: Financial services and payment methods
(A/508/5861, Unit Level: 2, GLH: 4)
- Role of banks and building societies
- How businesses use financial services
- Methods of payment and their features
- Security measures and procedures for the safe-keeping of cash
Unit 3: Prepare and check business documents
(F/508/5862, Unit Level: 2, GLH: 8)
- Prepare documents to be issued to customers
- Checking documents received from suppliers
- Preparing documents to be issued to suppliers
- Preparing a petty cash voucher
Unit 4: Record transactions in a sub-divided bookkeeping system
(J/508/5863, Unit Level: 2, GLH: 20)
- Day books
- Analysed cash book
- Petty cash book
Unit 5: Prepare a trial balance and reconciliations
(L/508/5864, Unit Level: 2, GLH: 10)
- Trial balance
- Control accounts and reconcile control account balances
- Reconcile the bank current account balance
To achieve this qualification you will need to take two knowledge tests; complete two written assignments and do an examination (with the intention of assessing your learner competency). You can complete these assessments by using the IABOnline testing platform; however, it is important to note that they are subject to a time constraints.
In the case of the IAB examinations, these will need to be completed under controlled conditions.
Please note: the cost of these IAB examinations are separate from the cost of this course and are your responsibility to pay. You will also need to pay a fee to register with the IAB for your chosen course and to become a student member.
No previous knowledge or experience in bookkeeping is required; however, we recommend having a basic knowledge of numeracy and literacy. Similarly, being familiar with bookkeeping terminology and having the skillset to perform some basic bookkeeping tasks can prove very beneficial.
Successful completion of all the assessments will result in you receiving a Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping that has been accredited by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers). This is a nationally recognised qualification which has been approved by the regulatory authorities in England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
IAB (the International Association of Bookkeepers), is an awarding body of qualifications as well as a professional association for qualified bookkeepers. All of their qualifications are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers and other relevant organisations with the purpose of ensuring that their courses meet the highest industry-approved standards.
From day one of this one year course, you will be surrounded by the finest support systems. From our in-depth course materials and comprehensive study guides, to the guidance of our personal tutors (who can use their expertise in the field to advise your studies); at every opportunity you can access to a willing helping hand.
Our student support team are similarly only one click away, meaning no matter the query, they can respond to your questions with valuable advice and feedback.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.