About This Course
Whether you have got a natural head for numbers or simply want to get your finances in order, then our IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping can act as the perfect stepping stone to getting your studies started.
You can use this impressive home study course to begin your journey to becoming a qualified bookkeeper and do it all from the comfort of your own home. No classes. No deadlines. No stress.
Instead, you can easily fit this course around your current work commitments and study at a pace, time and location of your choosing. This course only takes approximately 25 hours to complete, which when paired with the knowledge that you have got a full year tho complete it, means there is no rush to get it done. You can study as fast or as slow as you want and can still achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
From learning how to keep financial records, to getting a full introduction into the practical elements of manual bookkeeping; by the end of this course you will be competent in all basic bookkeeping routines and activities, and will be fully prepared to take your studies to the next level.
Please Note: you will need to pay an additional fee to become registered with IAB (for your chosen course) and to become a student member.
Split into 3 concise units, each element of this course is designed to broaden your knowledge, comprehension and appreciation of bookkeeping, so you can build a credible career in this field.
From understanding bookkeeping terms and the basics of VAT, to learning how to balance transactions and prepare a trail balance; this incredible course can guide your knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping, and help you to create a strong foundation of skills to work from.
This course will:
- Enable you to study on your own terms – all of your course materials will be delivered straight to your home (by mail or by email).
- Allow you to study at your own pace – no stress, no deadlines and no restrictions.
- Help you to gain a nationally recognised qualification from the International Association of Bookkeepers.
- Boost your career opportunities.
Unit 1: Introduction to bookkeeping
- Basic of double entry bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping terms
- Source documents and their purpose
- Basics of VAT
- Purpose of trail balance and petty cash and bank reconciliations
Unit 2: Keep double entry records and prepare trial balance
- Using the journal
- Recording transactions in a double entry bookkeeping system
- Preparing a trail balance
Unit 3: prepare reconciliations
- Reconcile the petty cash balance
- Preparing a bank reconciliation statement
To achieve this qualification you will need to take a knowledge test and complete two assignments (for the purpose of assessing your learning competency). The assessments can be done online using the IABOnline testing platform, and are subject to time constraints.
It will be your responsibility to pay for your IAB exams and the assessment venue.
In addition, you will be expected to complete a tutor marked assignment.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course; however, it is recommended that you have some basic numeracy skills to help maximise your learning potential.
Upon completion of this course and all of its assessments, you will receive a Level 1 Award in Manual Bookkeeping accredited by the IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers). This a nationally recognised qualification that has been approved by the regulatory authorities in England (Ofqual), Wales (Welsh Government) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
IAB (International Association of Bookkeepers) are an awarding body of qualifications, as well as a professional association for qualified bookkeepers. All of their qualifications are developed by education professionals, members of the IAB, employers and other relevant organisations, with the purpose of ensuring that all of their courses meet the highest industry-approved standards.
From the day you register onto this homebased course, not only will you have a full year to complete it; you will also receive the continuous support of our personal tutors and student support team.
Whether you need assistance understanding your course materials and study guide, or you’ve simply got a question that cannot wait; you can instantly connect with our tutors online and receive the guidance you need.
Our student support team are also only one click away, ensuring that at all points of your journey you are never alone in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.