About This Course
Working with children and assisting in their educational development is both a rewarding and inspiring role. You can help to shape and mould their interpretations of the world and play a key role in their development and growth.
Our CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education is uniquely designed to help you embrace your passion for childcare, and do so on your own terms. No exams. No classes.
This fantastic course has been tailored for home study, making it possible for you to find a healthy work-study balance that works around you. In fact, you can shape this course around your learning requirements, and study when, where and how you want.
More importantly, you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
And this is fantastic news, if you are taking your first steps back into education or wish to broaden your skillset whilst working; as you can study at your own pace without having to make any unnecessary sacrifices.
This course has been created by CACHE who specialise in the care and education sectors. Whilst creating this course, they have harnessed the expertise of industry specialists, to ensure that everything you’re taught is exactly what employers expect of you.
From the biological and psychological development of children, to recognising their physical and emotional needs; you can achieve an excellent foundation of knowledge in childcare and education, and acquire skills that are easily transferable into your future career.
Split into 2 units, both aim to equip you with the knowledge and understanding to go onto further vocational training and placement opportunities, which can enhance your career options. You can discover everything you need to know about a child and young person’s development, well-being and health, whilst also acquiring a deeper comprehension of role expectations and situations you may face whilst working with children.
This course will:
- Earn you a nationally recognised qualification in childcare and education
- Gain you 15 UCAS points which can be used to earn you a spot at university
- Help you to kick start your career and expand your work opportunities
- Allow you to study on your own terms free of exams, deadlines and pressure
- Enable you to study from the comfort of your own home whilst maintaining a healthy work-study balance.
Qualification Number: 601/3998/5
Unit 1: Child development from conception to seven years
- (F/506/5384, Unit Level 3; GLH: 148)
- Biological and psychological development of children from birth to seven years
- Roles of an early years practitioner
- Active steps an early years practitioner take
- Frameworks that can be applied to young children’s development
- Setting appropriate milestones for development
- (J/506/5385, Unit Level 3; GLH: 79)
- Physical and emotional needs of young children
- Dietary and nutritional requirements
- Health and safety
- Emotional needs during stressful or transitional moments
- The need for regular exercise
Unit 2: Children’s Health and Wellbeing
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that will test your knowledge of the syllabus taught on this course. Through these written submissions to your tutor (sent via mail or email) you will be able to demonstrate your comprehension and competency, as well as be able to show how this theoretical knowledge can be applied to real life scenarios.
These assignments will be marked by your personal tutor, who will also strive to provide you with valuable tips and feedback to help improve your marks.
No external examinations are required.
No prior knowledge or skills are needed to enrol onto this course. Similarly, as this is only a knowledge based course, there is no need to be working within a childcare or educational environment. All we ask is that you are at least 16 years old.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education which has been accredited by the qualifications regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
This qualification is to guide and assess your development in relation to working in the children and young people’s workforce, and will enable you to pursue a career working in Early Learning and Childcare; Social Care, and Learning Development and Support Services workforce.
This course can also be used to help you to progress onto our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education (VRQ) qualification, and then on to the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) (VRQ).
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children and adult care sectors. They offer the most up-to-date and relevant qualifications for the new QCF, and work with Sector Skills Councils to ensure high quality and cutting edge service is supplied to their customers, learners and the sector itself.
From the moment you enrol onto this 1 year course, you will have the full support of our personal tutors and student support team, who will always be on hand to answer your questions, queries or concerns.
By email or by post, you can reach out to our team and acquire all the advice and guidance you could ever need. Similarly, through your written assignments, our personal tutors can provide you with tonnes of valuable feedback and tips, which can be used to boost your grades and maximise your results.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully accredited course, following the Ofqual qualification framework and certificated by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.