About This Course
Interested in working as a beauty therapist, but not sure if you have got what it takes to be successful? Our Beauty Therapy Level 2 course can provide you with the answers you seek, as alongside supplying you with an excellent knowledge base in various different beauty treatments, you will also be offered to chance to put your skills into action.
Unlike other beauty therapy courses that are founded purely on theoretical knowledge, this exclusive distance learning course has been purposefully designed to give you the best of both worlds: real and practical training on top of a foundation of knowledge.
And this is perfect for helping you to ascertain if this is the career you want; as during its 6 practical days of training, you will be taught everything that you need to know about a range of different beauty treatments – as well as how to apply them.
Facials, manicures, pedicures, warm waxing, lash tinting, eyebrow design and make-up… in just 6 shorts days you’ll get to experiment with them all, and walk away with a thorough understanding of various techniques.
More importantly, you can achieve all of this: on your own terms, in your own time and from the comfort of your own home!
At a time, place and location of your choosing, you can delve into the theoretical aspects of beauty treatments; before being allowed to attend a centre – of your choosing – to undertake your practical training.
These 6 training days do not have to be taken consecutively, meaning alongside being able to study this course at a pace of your choosing, you will also be able to fit all aspects of this course (including the practical element) around your current life and work commitments.
With this course you will also receive:
FREE Beauty Kit including: emery boards, manicure sticks, hand lotion, mask brush, mask removing sponges and a headband
With a full year to complete this course, you can easily mould your studies and practical training around your day to day needs, without ever having to sacrifice on your family or work obligations.
In fact, this course can act as the perfect stepping stone to boosting your career, as it will enable you to achieve a level of comprehension and competency that will enable you to apply these newly acquired skills within a real and practical setting.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Boost your job prospects and develop a strong career as a beauty therapist
- Acquire a range of practical and transferable skills that will easily translate into the workplace
- Use it to pursue further studies
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a stress free, convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines and no classrooms. We will send all of your course materials straight to your door or inbox
- Understand the health and safety procedures for working in beauty therapy
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance
- Access instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team – help is only one click away
Beauty Therapy Level 2
Unit 1: Health and safety
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your work place
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the work place
- Know and understand how to make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
Unit 2: Customer service
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislations for the sale of goods
- Maintain a successful reception area
- Deal with enquires
- Book appointments
- Take payments
Unit 3: Facial skin care treatment
- Work safely and effectively in line with current practice when providing a facial treatment
- Understand organisation and legal requirements
- Perform client consultation and treatment plans
- Understand anatomy and physiology relevant to facial treatments
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- Know facial care techniques, products and planning
- Provide aftercare advice to clients for facial care treatments
- Identify various skin types
- Understand the benefits of facial massage and the techniques used
Unit 4: Manicure and pedicure services
- Work safely and hygienically when providing manicure and pedicure treatments
- Perform an effective client consultation
- Understand contraindications and how they make restrict or prevent a treatment
- Understand the anatomy and physiology that relates to manicure and pedicure
- Understand manicure and pedicure services, techniques and products
- Provide aftercare advice to clients
Unit 5: Eyelashes and eyebrows
- Perform a consultation and plan the treatment
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict the treatment
- Know the equipment, materials and products
- Have the underpinning knowledge to perform an eyebrow shape, eyelash tint and eyebrow tint
- Give aftercare advice for eye treatments
Unit 6: Waxing
- Work safely and effectively when providing waxing
- Conduct a consultation, plan and prepare the treatment
- Understand contraindication that may prevent or restrict the treatment
- Know equipment, procedures and techniques for the various forms of hair removal, including the benefits and disadvantages of each
- Understand the importance of waxing aftercare
Unit 7: An introduction to make up
- Know the organisational and legal requirements related to makeup
- Work safely and effectively when providing makeup
- Conduct an effective consultation and plan for makeup application
- Know anatomy and physiology relating to makeup
- Know contraindications that may prevent or restrict makeup application
- Understand how to apply products and their uses
- Provide aftercare
You will take part in six practical days – two for lash and eyebrow design, and one per each other unit:
- Analyse skin types
- Apply a mask
Manicure and Pedicure:
- Applying a manicure
- Applying a pedicure
Lash and Eyebrow Design:
- Practical skills and knowledge
- Brow sculpting, waxing, threading, shaping and lightening practical’s
- Lash tinting
- Health and safety information
- All areas of facial waxing
- All areas of body waxing
- Using the ‘pot’ and ‘spatula’ system
- Skin product and preparation
- Concealer techniques
- Blush and bronzer application tips
- How to make-up last all day
- Natural and smoky eye shadow application
- Eyelash curling
- Mascara Application
- Lipstick application
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be sent to your tutor for marking, whereupon once you pass, you will be allowed to undertake the courses 6 required practical training days.
These practical days can be arranged by contacting a member of our team, who will then place a booking at a centre of your choice. Once your booking has been made, we will send any kits you may require straight to your home.
For the theoretical aspects of this course (Beauty Therapy Level 2), no previous knowledge or experience is needed. All that is required is that you are at least 16 years old.
In terms of the practical requirements, you will need to meet the following:
Facial: No prior skills or knowledge is required, although you may be expected to provide your own model (who should be at least 16 years old).
Manicure and Pedicure: No previous knowledge or skills is required. Upon booking your practical, you will receive a kit containing tools needed during these sessions. You will be expected to bring these with you on the day.
Lash and eyebrow design: No previous knowledge or skills is required. Patch tests will need to be completed at least 48 hours before the practical day. Please Note: During this session you will be working on others.
Warm Waxing: No previous skills or knowledge is required, although you must ensure that you have a minimum of 3mm hair growth.
Make-Up: No previous skills or knowledge is required, although you may be expected to bring your own model who must be at least 16 years old.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by OSC to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications.
ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We take pride in our ability to support our students throughout their learning journey, so whilst we may specialise in the provision of distance learning courses; this doesn’t mean you have to feel alone or isolated in your studies.
Instead, you can enrol rest assured that around the clock you will be surrounded by a continuous network of support.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to the expertise of our personal tutors; you can harness years of industry knowledge, advice and experience and use it to maximise your learning potential.
All of our personal tutors are specialists in their field. This means you can confidently ask them your questions, and benefit from their wisdom and guidance.
At the same time, you can engage with our Student Support Team – at just a click of a button – and get the answers you seek when you need them.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.