About This Course
Do you dream of working on film sets or of helping brides to prepare for their big day? Or do you simply love everything that there is to know about beauty and make-up? Our exclusive Beauty Therapy and Make-Up Artist Level 3 course bundle can help to develop your knowledge of this niche, so you can take these newly acquired skills and use them to make your dreams of working in make-up a reality.
For many make-up artists, they first learn their skills in beauty therapy before going on to specialise in make-up for stage, TV and films. With this knowledge, we have created this homebased course so you can get the jumpstart you need to step forth into this career field and get the jobs you want.
And the best news of all is – you can achieve all of this from the comfort of your own home! No classrooms, no strict deadlines, no need to attend a college. All of our courses are designed for home study, making it possible for you to achieve the skills you want without ever having to sacrifice on your home or work life.
Instead, you can easily mould this two year course to work around you – not the other way around – and experience the freedom of being able to learn on your own terms, in your own time, and at a pace of your choosing.
Fast, slow, day or night… no matter your study preferences; you can easily spread out the 160 hours (approx.) of study required for this course, and achieve a work-study balance that is healthy, adaptable and will always work for you.
So if you are interested in working in a salon, spa or for yourself, and want to learn more about eyelashes, manicures, pedicures and waxing; then why not enrol onto this course? In just two short years, you’ll know how to effectively apply make-up for various special occasions, as well as be able to create prosthetic effects for TV.
Within this course bundle you will also receive the following free supplies:
- FREE Make-Up Kit including: Spatula, headband, make-up palette, lip brushes, mascara brushes, eyeliner brushes and applicators
- FREE Beauty Kit including: Emery boards, manicure sticks, hand lotion, mask brush, mask removing sponges and headband
Broadening your skillset has never been easier thanks to this compact course. In one neat and enticing package, you can acquire all the skills, knowledge and resources you need to delve into the world of beauty therapy, as well as be able to offer a range of services that are certain to improve your job possibilities.
From learning different techniques for applying make-up, to recognising which tools are right for the job; in just 160 hours of study, you will be able to safely and efficiently work within a range of different beauty and make-up environments, and achieve the career you want.
With this course, you will be able to:
- Boost your career opportunities, broaden your skills portfolio and give your business a competitive edge (especially important if you’re a new business just starting out)
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home
- Benefit from a stress free, convenient way to learn – no exams, no strict deadlines and no classrooms. We will send all of your course materials straight to your door
- Achieve a healthy work-study balance
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge of beauty therapy and make-up
- Access instant support from our personal tutors and Student Support team – help is only one click away
Beauty Therapy Level 3:
Unit 1: Body, Face and Scalp Massage and Body Electrical Treatments
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
Unit 2: Advanced Skin Analysis and Facial Electrical Treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
Unit 3: Anatomy, Physiology and the Effects of Salon Treatments
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
Unit 4: Wet and Dry Heat Treatments
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
Unit 5: Salon Management
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
Unit 6: Salon Operations and Organisation
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
Make-up Artist Level 3
Unit 1: Skin structure, types and facial treatments
- Facial Treatments
- Skin Structure
- Skin Analysis
- Lip and eye make-up cleanse
- Superficial/deep cleanse
- Toning products and procedures
- Client record card and treatment plan
- Contraindications to treatment
- Mask therapy
- Facial massage
Unit 2: Eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Eyelash and brow treatments
- Skin test or patch test
- Eyelash tinting
- Eyebrow tinting and shaping
- False eyelash application
- Eyelash perming
- Strip lashes
- Semi-permanent mascara
Unit 3: Provision of make-up treatments
- Make-up consultation
- Record card and treatment plan
- Product formulations
- Labelling of ingredients
- Common ingredients of skincare and make-up products
- Mineral make-up
- Product use and information
- Client preparation
- Make-up brushes and tools
- Hygienic application of make-up
- General points of good practice
- Make-up application procedure
- Bridal make-up
- Consumer legislation
Unit 4: Provision of specialist make-up treatments
- Face and body art make-up
- Make-up colours
- Artificial tanning
- Airbrushing techniques
- Nail treatments and enamelling
- Nail art
- Make-up effects and tools
- Media make-up (theatre/fashion/photographic)
- Cosmetic camouflage
Unit 5: Anatomy and physiology
- Blood and blood supply
- The lymphatic system
- The skeleton
- Muscle tissue
- The skin (dermis, epidermis)
- Hair (follicles, structure, colour)
- Nerve endings
- Functions of the skin
- Disorders of the skin
Unit 6: Health, safety and business management
- Sterilisation and hygiene
- Salon management
- Health and safety legislation
- Equal opportunities
- Communication and greeting clients
- Appearance and attitude
- Telephone manner
- Complaint handling
- Treatment of minors
- Data protection
- Teamwork and time management
- Codes of conduct, ethics and practice
- Employee appraisal
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will supply you with valuable tips on how to improve your work.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge or experience in beauty therapy or make-up is needed in order to enrol onto this course; making it ideal for those just starting out in the industry or for those wishing to expand their skillset.
Upon successful completion of this home based course, learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards in Beauty Therapy Level 3 and a TQUK Certificate in Make-Up Artistry Level 3. In addition, you will also receive a Learner Unit Summary detailing all of the units you have completed during the Beauty Therapy Level 3 element of this course bundle.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners’ or employers’. It has also been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme.
It is important to note that completion of this course alone will not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification; however, it may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards future regulated qualifications. The unit summary can also be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning (should you wish to further your studies within this field).
ABC Awards are a national awarding organisation that have spent years developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a diversity of different industries. They also offer a large and diverse portfolio of Ofqual regulated qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Although all of our courses may be designed for online or homebased study; at no point in your learning journey do you ever have to feel alone or isolated in your studies. Instead, you can benefit from the knowledge of knowing that from day one you will be surrounded by countless avenues of support.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to our dedicated personal tutors; at a click of a button, you can access our extensive support network and get the answers you need, when YOU need them.
In fact, you will be able to harness years of industry knowledge and experience as all of our personal tutors are specialists in their field. This means that no matter the question, you can confidently reach out to our team and trust that they will be able to advise, guide and inform your learning experience.
Our Student Support Team are similarly always on hand to lend you their support should you ever need assistance with deciphering your course materials or completing your assignments. With just one simple click, you can trust that our team will always be there to help you achieve your true potential.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.