About This Course
Whether your interest in this subject stems from your need to understand your own anger issues, or you are simply considering a career working as a therapist; every element of our Anger and Aggression Management Level 3 course can help to develop your understanding of aggressive behaviour so you know how to effectively handle it.
From learning how to define, explain and evaluate theories of aggression, to exploring the possible causes and physical/psychological consequences of anger; in just 12 months you’ll be better equipped to engage with those in need of anger management whilst being able to offer them genuine advice and help.
This course covers everything:
- The definitions and explanations surrounding stress, worry and anxiety
- The effects of challenging behaviour
- A deeper understanding of the risks of violence and aggression – and its impact on others
- How to interpret aspects of body language
- Strategies for preventing or controlling the risk
- Different types of treatment and support
And the good news is – you can learn all of this from the comfort of your own home! No classes and no exams.
This unique online course has been exclusively designed for home study, meaning you can easily shape this course to fit around your current work commitments, whilst also benefiting from the freedom of being able to explore this subject at a time, pace and location of your choosing.
You can remain in full control of how you learn. So whether you prefer to study fast, slow, in the morning or late at the night; you can easily adapt our course to suit your study preferences and achieve a healthy work-study balance.
Comprised of 6 informative units, every aspect of this course aims to broaden your knowledge of anger and aggression management so you can walk away with real and transferable skills.
By providing you with the tools to understand triggers – and the best techniques for treating/preventing them – you can achieve a level of competency that can make huge difference to your career progression.
With this course you’ll be able to:
- Increase your career opportunities within the world of counselling and therapy
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge of anger management and techniques for assisting patients
- Learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home – all coursework can be submitted by post or by email
- Receive instant access to our personal tutors and Student Support Team for 12 whole months
- Mould your studies to suit your work needs – allowing you to achieve a healthy work-study balance
- Benefit from a stress-free learning environment – no exams, no deadlines, no classrooms… all materials will be delivered straight to your door
Unit 1: Theories of anger and aggression
- Anger and aggression management
- Biological explanations of anger
- Psychological explanations of anger
- Explanations of anger
Unit 2: Causes of anger and aggression
- Define what is meant by stress, anxiety and worry
- How stress, anxiety and worry can impact daily lives
- Physical consequences of stress, anxiety and worry
- Psychological consequences of stress, anxiety and worry
Unit 3: Challenging behaviour
- Challenging behaviour and examples
- Circumstances in which challenging behaviour might become apparent
- How challenging behaviour can be assessed
- Strategies utilised to bring about positive behaviour
Unit 4: Understanding the risks of anger and aggression
- Risk factor
- How risks are associated with anger
- Identify circumstances that might be considered ‘risky’
- Identifying risk to prevent anger and aggression
Unit 5: The impact of aggression on others
- How anger is perceived within families
- Managing someone’s aggressive tendencies
- How mediation and mindfulness may help to suppress aggression
- Promoting a positive family environment
Unit 6: Treatment and Support
- How medication can control or eliminate anger
- Approaches in counselling
- Effects of counselling and medication on those with anger issues
- Strategies of anger management
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge of the topics taught on the course syllabus.
These will need to be submitted to your tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with valuable advice and feedback.
Please Note: No external examinations are required.
No previous knowledge, skills and experience in anger and aggression management is needed in order to enrol onto this course; making it ideal for those seeking guidance on how to handle their own issues (or those of their family), or for individuals considering a career as a therapist or counsellor.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from TQUK (Training Qualifications UK) and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by TQUK , meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they are maintained and delivered to an excellent standard.
TQUK are a national awarding body. Endorsement of our courses ensures learners have access to high quality materials that cover all learning outcomes, helping them to achieve their potential.
From the moment you enrol onto this 12 month course you will gain immediate access to the advice, support and guidance of our personal tutors, whose years of expertise can help to influence and inform your studies.
From helping you to decipher our course materials, to improving your understanding of the syllabus; you can trust that our personal tutors will always be on hand to answer your questions.
Our Student Support Team can similarly help to maximise your learning experience and ensure that you get the most out of this course. Accessible at just a click of the button, you never have to feel alone or isolated in your studies.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully endorsed Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This course is an endorsed certification, not a regulated qualification.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to spread the cost of your course over a 12 month period.
Unlike other providers, there are no credit checks or application forms to complete during enrolment.
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.