About This Course
Interested in exploring a career within medicine, sports or physiotherapy? Our Anatomy and Physiology Level 4 course can equip you with the knowledge and the skillset to take a credible step into this career field.
From understanding the function of tissues in cellular organisation, to exploring nutrition, digestion and excretion; every element of this unique online course has been designed to test, broaden and develop your understanding of the human body.
From the comfort of your own home, you can:
- Anatomical regions and planes
- Directional terminology
- Cell structure, function and division
- Types of tissue found in the body
All of our courses have been tailored for home study, meaning should you choose to enrol onto this course, you can do so in full confidence that you’ll remain in complete control of how you study. In fact, you can choose when, where and how you learn and do so at a pace that is right for you.
Fast or slow, you can modify your studies to suit your work commitments, and can achieve a healthy work-study balance that is free from stress and complications.
With a full year to complete this 6 unit course; in just 150 hours of study time you can walk away with a collection of transferrable skills that can make a real difference to your career progression.
Every unit of this course has been made with the intention of expanding, enlightening and strengthening your knowledge of anatomy and physiology, so you can achieve a level of comprehension that is detailed and confident.
Its use of written assignments will similarly offer you ample opportunities to demonstrate your competency on this subject and apply them to theoretical scenarios.
This course will:
- Increase your career opportunities
- Enhance your existing theoretical knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- All you to learn on your own terms, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home – all coursework can be submitted by post or by email
- Give you instant access to student support and tutor guidance – help is only one click away
- Provide you with hassle free learning – no exams, no deadlines, no classrooms… all materials will be delivered straight to your door
Unit 1: Introduction to Cells and Tissues
- Characteristics of life
- Basic chemistry
- Cell respiration
- Cell replication
- Transcription and translation
Unit 2: Nervous, Endocrine, Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- The nervous system
- Types of nerve cell
- Action potential
- Synapses and neurotransmitters
- The central, peripheral and autonomic nerve system
- The endocrine system
- Pituitary hormones
- Endocrine glands, hormones and tissues
- The lymphatic system
- Lymph nodes
- Antibodies and vaccinations
Unit 3: Human Circulatory, Cardiac and Respiratory Systems
- The blood
- Erythrocyte production and breakdown
- Platelets and clotting
- Blood groups and antigens
- The cardiac system
- Ventricular systole
- Ventricular diastole
- The respiratory system
Unit 4: Nutrition, Digestion and Excretion
- The mouth and throat
- Small and large intestines
- Digestive enzymes
- Carbohydrates, lipids and proteins
- Vitamins and minerals
- The process of digestion
Unit 5: Reproduction and Genetics
- Reproduction research task
- Genetics and inheritance
- Haploid and diploid
- Inheritance and alleles
Unit 6: Skeletal and Muscular Systems
- Types of movement
This course is assessed using a series of written assignments that are designed to test your knowledge and comprehension of the course syllabus. These will need to be submitted to your personal tutor for marking, whereupon they will provide you with valuable advice and feedback on how to improve your grades.
No prior knowledge or experience is needed in order to enrol onto this course. However, completing our Anatomy and Physiology Level 3 course first can help greatly improve your grades and learning potential on this Level 4 course (especially if you have no previous experience of this subject).
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from TQUK and a Learner Unit Summary (which details of all the units you have completed).
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of specific learners or employers. It is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK), meaning the course has undergone external quality checks to ensure that they – and the courses they offer – meet a high standard.
TQUK are a national awarding organisation that have spent years developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a diversity of different industries. They offer a large and diverse portfolio of Ofqual regulated qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) for all ages and abilities post-14.
Whilst we may specialise in the provision of online and home based courses; from the moment you enrol onto this one year course, you can trust that our team will always have your back.
From our comprehensive study guides, course materials and resources, to the continuous guidance of our personal tutors and Student Support Team; at just a click of a button you can access years of industry knowledge and expertise, and use it to shape your learning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a question that our team are often asked, there are many reasons but here are the main reasons to choose Association of Learning:
- No interest charged on monthly payments
- No hidden charges, the price you see includes everything, from VAT, tutoring to certification
- Our average tutor marking time is 3 working days (most providers are 10+)
- We are rated 5/5 for our service on Trustpilot!
- Our courses are up to date. Many providers create course content and fail to keep it up to date.
- We are open later than any other home learning provider
- As many submissions as you need to complete, many providers cap how many times you can submit work
- All courses are fully accredited by Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
- 14 day money back guarantee or course switch.
If you need any more reasons to choose Association of Learning, contact our team!
All students are provided with 12 months to complete their course, however you are able to complete at a faster pace without any additional costs. Some of our students have managed to complete in as little as 3 months!
This is a fully endorsed qualification, with certification provided by an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
There are two payment options, pay in full for your course or monthly. Our monthly payment option allows you to pay between 3-12 months depending on what you choose.
Unlike other providers, we do not charge interest and there are no credit checks or application forms to complete!
Finance is provided directly via Association of Learning. To meet the criteria you must be able to answer yes to the following:
- Your billing address is based in the UK
- You have a UK based bank account
- Bill payer must be 18 or above.
No, this course is assignment based, which means you will not have to complete any exams. If your assignment is not up to scratch you can re-try as many times as you need within your 12 months support period.
No, all of our courses are distance learning which means your tutor will mark your work and send it back to you via email or by using our online portal.