When it comes to creative writing qualifications, you can’t be blamed for assuming that your career routes will be limited to journalism, blog writing and being a novelist. However, there is much more to getting a writing qualification than the above careers. In truth, there are a variety of jobs that you can explore – some of which may surprise you.
- Advertising copywriter
- Arts administrator
- Creative director
- Digital copywriter
- Editorial assistant
- Magazine journalist
- Newspaper journalist
- Copy editor
- Talent agent
- Web content manager
- Writer – blogger, novelist, etc.
Now, you could take this list and just leave it at that. However, pair it with the right qualifications/online courses and you can also easily pursue any of the following jobs:
- Academic librarian (having a creative background will hold you in good stead with this job, but you’ll also need a Masters in Librarianship)
- Concept artist (a background in art (fine art and digital) would be ideal here)
- Film director (qualifications in media and film would be useful for this role)
- Information officer
- Marketing executive (you’ll also need social media, SEO and online marketing qualifications for this job)
- Primary school teacher (you will need to build on this foundation of knowledge and also complete a PGCE)
- Secondary school teacher – similar to being Primary school teacher you will need a PGCE
- Teaching assistant – there are tonnes of online teaching courses which could help you to become a TA
- Public librarian – a degree/masters in librarianship would be helpful here
- Public relations officer – again you should pair your writing qualification with courses in marketing, media and public relations
- Social media manager – a writing background would serve you well here; however, we recommend that you add to this by taking some online marketing and media courses
- Web content manager – a course in managing is recommended
Honestly, there are numerous jobs you can explore with a writing qualification under your belt. So if you’re wondering what you can do with a creative writing degree, then why not take a look at the list above? Writer, librarian, teacher, you can be anything you want to be.
For more information, check out our website today.